Choosing my own husband for an athlete profile isn't so much husband favoritism as it is poor planning on my part. But this guy is a little erratic on his gym attendance so I thought it would be good to give everyone a little more info on Mr. Tuck Your Sweatpants Into Your Socks.
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
2. What was your fitness/athletic background before starting CrossFit?
I was a multi-sport high school athlete with an awesome strength and speed program. After high school I played DIII football at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois.
3. What is your day job?
I am the Offensive Coordinator at Concordia College.
4. What are your hobbies/interests other than CrossFit?
Crossfit is my one hobby when away from my family and coaching.
5. How has CrossFit affected your life outside the gym?
It introduced me to my beautiful wife and the rest is history.
6. Please share a memorable experience you’ve had because of CrossFit.
I was married in a Crossfit gym if that counts. I also have participated in a USAW National meet.*
7. What are your favorite exercises and/or aspects of CrossFit?
Anything heavy, snatching in particular.
8. Any goals we can help hold you accountable for?
Getting to the gym as much as possible as we add to our family and I work through recruiting season to spring football.
9. What advice can you give to people thinking about trying CrossFit?
You don't have to be in shape to start. You just have to be willing to start.
*Aaron is a FOUR time National Qualifier but only competed once. The reason? The National Meet always fell during football season and he refused to leave his team.
Never met Aaron? He usually goes in the mornings but you can identify him by the following:
-He tucks his sweatpants into his socks.
-He generally has a large cup full of coffee he drinks while he's working out. Like 32 oz.
-He loves razzing people so feel free to give the elbow right back if he chirps at you!