1. Tired? You’ll have more energy once you get started, and even more when you finish.
2. Weary of the time it will take? The time will pass anyways. Might as well spend it getting stronger.
3. Trick yourself by saying, “I’ll just go in for a really light workout.” 9 times out of 10, you’ll remember how much you enjoy to sweat and push yourself much harder than you had planned.
4. Depressed? Exercise triggers the mood-boosting neurotransmitters called endorphins to kick in. Instant (and natural) way to feel good about life.
5. Give anxiety a break. Refocus your attention from your daily problems to the workout itself. You can gain a fresh perspective on even the most overwhelming concerns in your life by taking an exercise break. And when you return to the problems, you approach them with renewed energy and maybe even some fresh solutions.
6. No convenient time or place to work out? An hour at the gym, or even just jumping rope in your garage, is certainly more convenient than the complications brought on by inactivity and obesity.
7. Set an example for your children on the importance of following through. No excuses.
8. Add some challenge and excitement to your day. Go ahead, do it!
9. Exercise makes you look and feel younger.